Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week 32-34


Week 32                              Week 33                             Week 34

These weeks might have been the most stressful for this Mommy-to-be! Being that I was a premie baby, it is hard to think that at week 33 my Mom went into labor with me and was completely unprepared for what life was going to deal her. The thought of Baby Crall coming to visit early was throwing me for a serious loop, especially since his room wasn't done yet and I had nothing for him expect for some cute outfits I couldn't pass up early on.  I hadn't had my baby shower yet and was in a panic!  Luckily, I made it to June 24th and had the BEST baby shower anyone could ask for. 

During these three weeks Andy and I crossed off many of the to-do's off our list, such as:
*New carpet in all three bedrooms - SO NEEDED before Baby Crall arrives!
*Baby Crall's room completely painted
*Furniture assembled and in place
 *Kayleigh's Room/Office furniture assembled and ready for her arrival

Week 32  This was the start of my every 2 week check ups with my Doctor. Before the months seem to go by so slow and then all of a sudden 2 weeks seems like two days and every time I go in I seem to be growing at lightening fast speed! From 5/23 to 6/13 my belly grew from 31cm to 34cm! I guess that's pretty normal but I was shocked!  Then for my Doctor to tell me..."Well, that just means he's not going to be a petite baby!" WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?! Of course I didn't actually ask that question but all I could think of is delivering a 12 pound baby! No over cooking this not-so-petite little guy! 

Week 33 started off with a fantastic Father's day spent up at Casa de Brito.  Andy got to watch golf with my grandpa Dave and my dad uninterrupted (the one request by Andrew - otherwise he would have stayed home, plopped on the couch with the remote control).  Me on the other hand spent hours relaxing on my raft in the pool watching the golf tournament from afar and just feeling....WEIGHTLESS! The benefit of having a summer baby...POOL TIME is AH-MAZING! By the end of the day I had no swelling what-so-ever and was in a state of complete relaxation. I think Andy thought something was wrong with me for the longest time until he figured out I was so relaxed and couldn't have been better!  Other highlights from this week were: the end of our birthing classes - Apparently now we should be completely prepared for what's to come in the next month or so! RIGHT!?! Haha And....Friday was the day our little Flounder, aka Kayleigh, arrived with Andy's mom, Anne! KK's summer vacation in Arizona was officially beginning!

Week 34 I MADE IT! I MADE IT! It was my baby shower and I didn't have the baby yet! My biggest worry was now behind me! The shower was SO PERFECT! My Mom, Baby Crall's Nona, host a gorgeous shower for us, and I am so thankful for my sister Kelsey and my bestie Debbie for co-hosting. All the details were just perfect. Decorations matched the baby's room perfectly, Kelsey's RIDICULOUS baking of all the desserts (gluten-free even!), 
Debbie's games and activities...it made for a perfect day! I was surrounded by both of Baby Crall's grandma's, his big sister, his great-grandma, his great-great-aunt, family friends from out of town and MANY more great friends....and boy did he and I get spoiled! I didn't think I was prepared before but I definitely was now! I can't say thank you enough for everyone who came and shared in our special day! We are so blessed to have such amazing people that surround us! (I will upload so more pictures soon - Keep posted on my Facebook!)

This week we took some maternity/family pictures which was perfect since Kayleigh was in town!  Her and I went to the Dry Bar (hair salon) and had our hair done before the pictures and then got to go model! :) Kayleigh is such a little diva when she's in front of the camera - I love it! Kayleigh also got to go to one of my doctor appointments and listen to her baby brother's heart beat. It was pretty cool to see her face when she heard the beating and when she would feel him move all around in my belly! She's going to be a great BIG sister - although I haven't quite sold her on changing his diapers! :)

Here's a sneak peek at our photo shoot, courtesy of Amanda Marie Photography We had a blast taking the pictures and absolutely love how they turned out!! Amanda did a great job and I can't wait to see the magic she works with our little man for his newborn photo shoot next!




Next up - Week 35-37

Love, 
Kim + Baby Crall

No comments: