Week 29 Week 30 Week 31
**Thank you iPhone for all the lovely profile tracking**
Although, having a small basketball for a belly does make you the target for seminar speakers and party hosts! I had the conductor of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra come up and touch my belly during his presentation as well as our dinner party host "Austin Powers". Andy always tells me to never sit in the front row at things because you will get a lot more attention...well my friends decided we should sit dead center and FRONT ROW during our dinner party. Normally there's no host it's just employees winning awards and then we carry on with our night...but not this year. This year we had a host for the dinner party...first Jay Leno, then Austin Powers and then Donald Trump. It was quite hilarious until he spotted me and my belly. I knew I was a sitting duck when he decided to grab a portable mic and walk around the audience, making a bee line straight for me. Of course asking me to stand up and comment on my belly and how he was "TOO LATE, Baby!" (in an Austin Powers accent of course). He talked to me for a few, asking who I was there with and if I liked my husband...my response while rubbing my belly said "Well, OBVIOUSLY!" Luckily, he decided to move onto other victims and my rosy red cheeks could return to their normal state. Even though I was a target with my belly, I had a great time and am glad we got to make it!
Side Note: This weekend might have been my first real signs of "preggo-brain". Before leaving for LA I had a laundry list of things to accomplish the day of...all of which COMPLETELY slipped my mind. THEN, the biggest one of all...I for some reason thought our flight was at 3:50 PM, when we go to check our bag and get our boarding passes we were told that we needed to hurry because we were late and our bags would probably not make the flight that was scheduled to take off at 3:15 PM...mind you at this time it's about 3:05! The look on Andy's face was classic! Meanwhile, being 7 months pregnant running through the airport wasn't so much fun for this momma-to-be!
Next up for Week 29 - The oh-so-lovely glucose test! Good news: I passed and the drink wasn't so bad! Thank you Lord!
As week 29 came to a close I unfortunately has to say goodbye (AGAIN!) to one of my besties, Blair, and her hubs and baby Crall's future gf Miss Waverly as they embark on another adventure in Wichita, Kansas. I wish them all the best and hope to see them living back in AZ in the next few years. Xoxo
Week 30 was a good one...We kick started with a day off - Thank you Memorial Day, this momma could always use a paid day off! We also had a blast celebrating another besties birthday at Talking Stick Resort! It's always a great time getting together with our good friends to go out on the town...or in this case, hit up the casino! Happy Birthday to both Angie and Stacy! Love ya girls!
Week 30 came to a close with the starting of our Mommy & Daddy classes. First was the tour of the hospital and then Week 31 kick started our 3-part birthing classes! I'm not one that gets freaked out about scary stories or the not-so-lovely things that happen during labor so I was excited to learn about the process and prepare myself for what is going to happen in the next 10 weeks!
Our teacher for the birthing classes was AMAZING! She was this 60+ year old lady that had been a labor and delivery nurse for years. She knew about EVERYTHING and was so full of knowledge and, most importantly, didn't sugar coat anything! For someone like me...she was PERFECT! Andy and I actually asked if she still did deliveries because if so - we were going to get her no matter what! Over the next three weeks we learned so much from her and really got a lot out of the classes. As a mother-to-be it's always exciting to see your husband react to different things and see what their take away is from the whole experience. For the mother, we have to pay attention and listen to everything because ultimately this is all on us, but to hear Andy talk about what he can do and what he got out of the classes made me confident that he's going to be an amazing coach and partner throughout this whole process.
Next Up - Weeks 32-34
Love,
Kim & Baby Crall
No comments:
Post a Comment