Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hallmark's famous holiday - Valentine's Day

Being that Andy and I are trying to save as much money as possible these days we agreed that we weren't going to get anything for each other but we were going to have a fun date night and cook dinner together. Which left the whole morning and afternoon to do needed errands.

About a month ago, I received a call from my bridal boutique where I purchased my Oh So Beautiful wedding dress telling me that IT has arrived...TWO months early!! Woohoo! Well since I was planning on not getting the dress until the end of March, I was procrastinating on picking it up:

1. I wasn't ready for IT yet! Being that I haven't even THOUGHT about any bridal diet yet...
2. It was a secret storage spot so my hubby wouldn't see it!

So I waited a couple weeks to call them back to schedule a time to try it on and pick it up. Well, when I called I found out that the store will be going out of business and that basically, I need to come get my dress NOW. So of course Momma B (my mom) was in Lake Tahoe with Papa B (my dad) this weekend so I made sure Deeb (Debbie) and Kelser (my sister, Kelsey) who are my only AZ b'maids could come with me! I must admit...I was so excited when I bought the dress that I was nervous about the real thing meeting my VERY HIGH expectations! But, I must say (and not only cause it's mine...) IT'S PERFECT!! Even more beautiful then I remembered! It fits almost perfect as is...just some help with the length (shorty here!!) And a little taking in through the top and I'm good to go! :-) I was on a high for the rest of the day as you can imagine!

We ended the day by the four of us, Debbie, Craig, Andy and I all having a great home-cooked meal, none other than steak and bacon wrapped shrimp. Andy took care of the meal/seafood and I manned the side dishes - potatoes and green beans. Good times with good friends, food and wine (or beer). I think we are all over the cheesiness that comes with Valentine's Day, but it was still a cause for celebration since it marked Debbie and Craig's 10 year (first-date) anniversary! :) Andy and I look forward to the day we can celebrate our 10 year anniversary...October 3rd, 2019 to be exact! God, it seems SO far away! I will be 37, Andy 39, Kayleigh 15! Oh dear!

With that said - Congrats Craig and Debbie and Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely people! :)

No comments: